Sunday, May 8, 2005

`+._ Recount of the Kayaking experience in the Storm _.+`

We weren't initally near the rocks, but since the waves started up so quickly, we were all swept near the rocks. Being a weaker kayaker, I could paddle fast enough and guess what? I capsized. The grand senior and Mr Lim helped me back up; I kayaked a few times, and capsized again. This time, it was rather dangerous. I had completely no idea what to do and I thank goodness that Mr Lim was there. It was the first time I've seen Mr Lim panicking and looking so worried. He shouted through the wind for me to get to the left side of his boat, so I did. He tried to let me get back onto the kayak, but the waves were too strong, it was rather impossible. The rocks were about 2m away only, I was so scared I felt like crying, it was so freaky. Mr Lim manoeuvred his kayak to be perpendicular to the rocks and I was at the front of his kayak, he calmly said that we would be fine and that we had to wait for the storm to blow over before we could do anything. I guess seeing him calm made me compose myself. Though I must say, with the rocks being so near, I was really wondering whether I would survive that storm. I could feel the rocks beneath me and so I figured it would be better for me to walk up it when the waves pushed me nearer to the rocks, I'm so glad I felt the rocks beneath or I would have been cut. The luckiest thing is that there was no thunder and lightening, if there was, I would have been a gone case. After awhile Mr Lim said it would be okay to get back on even though the waves were rather strong and the rain still pelting down. I got back on, paddled like crazy and managed to get back! After the whole thing, it was a rather exciting experience. I learnt that in times like this, you have to keep calm in order to survive it, and you have to trust whoever is helping you. It was a most memorable experience yet, one I would not care to experience again, but I’m glad I went through it and got back unscathed. And I would like to thank Mr Lim and the Grand senior for safely helping me get through the whole adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment