Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


Hi all!

Yes I haven't been posting...
Fell sick and recovered and somehow became more high than usual...

Had great loads of fun over the last week...

Once again.. my perceptions have changed...

This year, I've decided to embrace hall life and socialize more.. yes something did happen to cause this.. haha.. isn't it always cause and effect =D anyways, made me put things into a little bit more perspective.. I'm still figuring this out yet i guess.. so.. yeah...

Also.. today I was talking to a friend who's happily married, and we were discussing relationship views... He was telling me that at our age, uni, hall, army period.. it's when we grow the most, and change the most... People always b*tch about people who supposedly break couples up.. but my friend gave me a different perspective.. what if the couple, though they've been together for so many years, just changed? and realized they want different things in life, and that the person they are with, may not be the one suitable for the future? Then I guess there's nothing wrong with being attracted to someone else because you yourself just changed.. Nothing to do with infidelity or whatever..

I think with all that I've been through, I will never judge a relationship too harshly... it's an area with too much grey and uncertainty.. and unless you don't know the whole story, it just aint fair to judge. All the gossip and what people think they know clouds judgement... so I am resolving to try and keep that in mind..

Another thing my friend said was about timing.. Haha, I believe in fate.. But i don't believe it works alone.. I believe fate brings 2 people together, and gives them the opportunity to get to know one another.. But if it's not the right time.. then.. it won't work.. If no effort is put in, it won't work either... 2 people may like each other so much.. but.. wrong point of time in your life, will also cause problems.. Looking at my state, I wonder whether fate is mocking me.. haha...

I just realized today that I still have so much to learn about myself and what I want.. I thought I knew.. but apparently not... I guess I try to be in control, but there's only that much you really can control after all..

My friend told me that actually, he could have gotten to know his wife many years earlier.. they unknowingly crossed paths so often when they were young, but were never presented the opportunity to interact.. And he said that if they were given that chance, they probably would not have had that great impressions of each other at that point of time in their respective lives.. haha.. it's amazing how such things work..

ANYWAYS... Another purpose of this post is to post up a song I played on the guitar.. without my singing so that the music is not spoilt =P ahahaa...
CBlk 3rd floor girls would probably know this song since I'm always playing it..
My favourite song to play on the guitar!

It's called Two Voices, One Song...
And it's dedicated to all those who mean the world to me =) you all know who you are!
Thank you for making my life so far such a beautiful experience, thank you for making my life easier and more comforting and adding colour to it every single day.
To me the meaning of this song is that we are all individuals, and though we may be interesting, we are never as harmonious and beautiful as a song until we're all together.. There's just magic, and that magic to me is your friendship =))
This is just to let you all know that you'll always have a friend in me and that no matter how long how far how late how seeming stupid how early how petty how wtver etc etc, I will always be there for you!!!
Love you all *heart*



p.s. hopefully one day I get good enough to sing and play nicely enough to dare post it online =P

here are the lyrics!

So rare to find a friend like you
Somehow when you're around the sky is always blue
The way you talk
The things you say
The way you make it all ok
And how you know
All of my jokes
But you laugh anyway...

Chorus:

If I could wish for one thing
I take the smile that you bring
Wherever you go in this world I'll come along
Together we dream the same dream
Forever I'm here for you, you're here for me
Oh ooh oh
Two voices, one song

Now everyday there's something new,
And every path we take,
I'm looking forward to,
The way we try and never quit,
The way that all the pieces fit,
The way we know the parts by heart,
And sing out loud..

If I could wish for one thing
I take the smile that you bring
Wherever you go in this world I'll come along
Together we dream the same dream
Forever I'm here for you, you're here for me
Oh ooh oh
Two voices, one song

And anywhere you are you know I'll be around
And when you call my name I'll listen for the sound

If I could wish for one thing
I take the smile that you bring
With you at my side I can't go wrong,
Now I have all that I need,
And the sweetest sound will always be
Oh ooh oh
Two voices, one song

Oh ooh oh
Two voices, one song

*************************************************

Btw, this is a Barbie song.. from the Barbie animated movie "Barbie and the Diamond Castle". Thanks to lonelythoughts on youtube for the chords!
Haha.. may seem childish.. but really.. the songs and the stories in all the movies are beautiful.. really well thought out and well written.. lovely.. just.. not widely publicized so most people probably won't know.. especially people our age.. teehee...

Okie, gotta sign off and stuff myself with more pineapple tarts.. fatty fatty bom bom!

Nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment