Saturday, June 5, 2004

=[ cOnTrAsTs ]=



Yes! Competition Day 2: ( Full of happiness and determination. )



Well, after discussing the whole of the night before, we came up with something called the Auto Hang-Dry System. I do not wish to elaborate, if you are curious, just ask me directly, explain the system so many times already, getting kind of tired. We were not very very well prepared, but we managed to get into the semi-finals!!! I was so happy, did not expect to get in. But once in the semi-finals, I somehow had the drive to give it my all for the semi-finals presentation. My group members En Chou, John, Yuan Li and Zoe all worked very hard too. (Cheers! Couldn't have got what we acheived if we were one member short =D!~) John and Yuan Li stayed at my place to work on the model till 2.30am in the morning yesterday, by the time we all slept, I think it was aorund 3am.



Yes! Competition Day 3: ( Feelings of anxiety and disappointment. )



Compared to the day before, in the morning I was like a zombie with not enough sleep, only had around 3hrs15mins sleep last night. This morning was frantic, rushing last minute work we didn't have time to complete the night before. All I can remember is discuss discuss rush rush panic panic *laughs* However, in spite of all our hard work and effort, we did not get into the finals.. the semi-finals takes 12 groups out of 58 groups and the finals takes 6 out of 12 groups. Honestly speaking, given that amount of time, I seriously doubt that we could do a whole lot better. I think we already gave it our best shot and although felt very disappointed in the beginning, now, I am already very satisfied. It was Temasek's first time entering this competition and we were competiting against upper secondary students, secondary 3, 4, and 5. We were the only secondary 2 team, that's partly the reason why I am already satisfied with getting into the semi-finals. Well, what more can we ask for, we gave it our best effort and we could do no more. Like what Mr Tan said, winning is not the most important, it's the knowledge and experience we aquired. I still enjoyed myself a lot because it is a project we as a group had accomplished. I really enjoyed the group's company and I must say we had fun too right? I think we did, or at least, I had, apart from the lectures that is. To me, these are precious times and memories to be cherished and looked back on in the future. Especially times and memories with your friends. So all in all the competition, although disappointed at first, now, I'm already satisfied. (I admit I kind of dropped a tear or two, couldn't control, apologises to team members for not saying a word after the results were released, I didn't trust myself to speak, I was afraid I would cry).



After the competition, I rushed to the recording studio for choir and Oh my Goodness Gracious I am so irritated just by remembering what happened, not elaborating. I've cooled down by now already, and I guess this is just not my day... I'm so tired, but not sleeping yet, don't feel like, but I'll end here, so... see you...

No comments:

Post a Comment