Thursday, June 3, 2004

=[ Yes! Competition: Day 1 ]=



Hello.. Well, today was the first day of the Yes! Competition, and had to wake at 6.30am to get ready.. Sighs.. I was eating breakfast when En Chou called and asked me to print the programme for the whole course, then when I left the house, I realised I forgot to bring my blazer, had to go back for it, luckily I wasn't late. Forgetful... Well, the starting was kind of boring, poor Zoe had to sit by herself, but nevermind right? She had someone to accompany her throughout the whole thing, a very special friend. *hint hint* Then the lectures made us feel like sleeping.. There were 58 teams form 58 different schools, 51 schools were local and the other 7 were foreign from countries like Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. Then came lunchtime.. Wasn't terrific, but hey, it's food. Then went up to the 'classroom', was mind was so hazy and felt kind of dizzy and blur, stomach was aching too, but I just sat quietly and read a book while the others talked. Around 1pm was the first workshop, *laughs* ice breaker and then the straw tower thing again, it always serves as team building spirit activity. Anyway, we wanted to think out of the box and make a traffic light tower, but time restricted us and we ended up doing a tower called the "Desperation Tower", you can imagine how it looks! *Chuckles at memory*. Next was already the competition planning. We brainstormed loads, Zoe and John giving many ideas, however, those ideas were already invented(they think like the professionals), nevertheless, good brainstorming! But as usual, we didn't have enough time to complete planning and a few of us were not satisfied with what we came up with. So when I reached home at about 6.30pm, I had a shower, then for some peculiar reason, my eyes were burning hot, quite pain, but after awhile, it was okay. The feeling is like as though you watched television for 24 hours straight and your eyes are so hot. Then after dinner(now) En Chou, Zoe and I did some brainstorming, and weirdly both En Chou and I were able to think of much more ideas now than before, but Zoe is sick... Has got fever.. =( Zoe, wish you get well soon!!! Then could not discuss much with her, so now we working on an idea we came up with, improvising here and there, and I'm sure that's all we will be doing tonight, and oh yes! Got to eat pig's trotters for dinner tonight, MEAT!!! Yeah!! *laughs* I really want to bring pride to our school for this competition, so doing the best I can. Oh well, got to carry on with work, maybe if there's time, clear my wardrobe, so, see you!~

No comments:

Post a Comment